New certification in the UK
We are excited to inform that our UK team has been certified as a UK Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) by HMRC (His Majesty’s Revenue and Customs), encompassing two distinct statuses:
- Authorised Economic Operator Customs Simplification (AEOC)
- Authorised Economic Operator Security and Safety (AEOS)
For this certification, HMRC has checked our business against tough criteria:
- Tax and customs compliance over the last 3 years;
- Customs record keeping with an efficient system for managing commercial and transport records;
- Financial records covering the last 3 years;
- Evidence of practical competence in customs matters for the previous 3 years;
- Procedures to protect our business and the supply chain from any risks.
What are the benefits of this certification?
- Faster clearance with priority treatment for customs controls;
- Less interventions at the frontier with customs simplifications/authorisations and reduced entry/exit declaration requirements;
- Lower risk scores with reduced checks customs carry out on our documents and goods.
Where are these statuses recognised?
The AEO status is recognized by several countries, and the UK government is actively working to establish arrangements with key trading partners. As of now, there are negotiated arrangements in place with:
- the European Union
- the People’s Republic of China
- the United States of America
- New Zealand
- Republic of Singapore
These AEO statuses serve as prestigious international quality marks, affirming the excellence and safety of our business within the global supply chain. These certifications not only demonstrate our firm commitment to upholding the highest standards but also underscore our global mission of safeguarding lives.
Congratulations to our team in the UK for their impressive accomplishment!